4th Edition Completely revised, the
of this authoritative reference delivers a wealth of new information that enables readers to identify, treat, and manage a full range of respiratory disorders more easily than ever. Edited and written by leaders in the field, the book covers the scientific principles of respiratory medicine; its foundations in basic anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and immunology; and its clinical applications. It features a wealth of new chapters, coverage of new modalities in biotechnologic, genomic, and informational sciences a new 2-color design that makes it easier and quicker to access key information and complete references for further study.
- Covers the hottest topics in the field, including COPD guidelines and lung reduction surgery * better pharmacological control of asthma - first-line drug therapies for cancer - interstitial lung disease - thoracoscopic surgery - ARDS ventilation guidelines c and more.
- Includes 6 new chapters: Alveolar and Distal Airway Epithelial Fluid Transport - Mucus Production, Secretion, and Clearance - Pleuroscopy, Thoracoscopy, and Other Invasive Procedures - Clinical Exercise Testing - Smoking Hazards and Cessation - and Patient Education and Compliance.
- Offers a fresh editorial approach with the addition of 1 new editor.
- Features the work of 73 new authors, including international contributors.
- Incorporates 100 new full-color illustrations for a total of more than 1,250 images.