Leading the reader from the fundamental principles of inorganic chemistry, right through to cutting-edge research at the forefront of the subject, Inorganic Chemistry, Sixth Edition is the ideal course companion for the duration of a student's degree.
The authors have drawn upon their extensive teaching and research experience in updating this established text; the sixth edition retains the much-praised clarity of style and layout from previous editions, while offering an enhanced Frontiers section. Exciting new applications of inorganic chemistry have been added to this section, in particular relating to materials chemistry and medicine. This edition also sees a greater use of learning features to provide students with all the support they need for their studies. Providing comprehensive coverage of inorganic chemistry, while placing it in context, this text will enable the reader to fully master this important subject.
- Written by an experienced and research-active author team, the unique three part structure of this text provides comprehensive coverage of inorganic chemistry from fundamental theory through to cutting-edge interdisciplinary research, making this text the ideal companion for the duration of a student's degree.
- A comprehensive pedagogical framework is provided to support students, including 'notes on good practice', 'brief illustrations', 'context boxes', and 'key points'.
- Numerous worked examples, self-test questions, exercises, and tutorial problems encourage students to develop vital problem-solving skills.
- The artwork, which has been extensively refreshed for this edition, illustrates the impressive diversity of inorganic compounds and enables students to truly visualise the subject.
- The book is accompanied by a comprehensive Online Resource Centre, which includes videos of chemical reactions, answers to exercises from the book, web links, and other useful resources for both students and lecturers.